Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
New Dlehi the 11th September, 2008
Subject :- Recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – implementation of decisions relating to Special Allowance for child care for women with disabilities and Education Allowance for disabled children of Govt. employees.
Consequent upon the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations made by the Sixth Central Pay Commission for providing extra benefits to women employees with disabilities especially when they have young children and children with disability, the President is pleased to issue the following instructions:-
(i) Women with disabilities shall be paid Rs.1000/- per month as Special Allowance for Child care. The allowance shall be payable from the time of the child’s birth till the child is two years old.
(ii) It shall be payable for a maximum of two children.
(iii) Disability means a person having a minimum Disability of 40% as elaborated in Ministry of Welfare’s Notification No. 16-18/97-NI.I dated 1.6.2001. (Annexure)
(iv) The above limit would be automatically raised by 25% every time the Dearness Allowance on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%.
2. Reimbursement of Education Allowance for disabled children of Government employees shall be payable at double the normal rates prescribed. The annual ceiling fixed for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance for disabled children of Government Employees is Rs. 24000. The rest of the conditions will be the same as stipulated vide OM No. 12011/03/2008-Estt. (Allowance) dated 2nd September, 2008 on the subject.
3. Disability means a person having a minimum Disability of 40% as elaborated in Ministry of Welfare’s Notification No. 16-18/97-NI.I dated 1.6.2001. (Annexure).
4. These orders shall be effective from 1st September, 2008.
5. Insofar as persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller and Audit General of India.
6. Hindi version will follow.
(Simmi R. Nakra)