OFFICE OF THE PCDA (PENSIONS) DRAUPADI GHAT ALLAHABAD
Circular No.451 Dated :- 21.02.2011
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. of Govt. Bank Account Central Office, C-7 lInd Floor Bandre Kurla Complex, P.B. No. 8143 Bandre East, Mumbai400051.
2. All CMDs of Public Sector Banks
3. CMD of ICICI Bank
4. CMD of IDBI Bank
5. CMD of Axis Bank
6. CMD of HDFC Bank
7. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy Kathmandu Nepal.
8. The Defence Pension Disbursing Officers.
9. The Treasury officers.
10. The Pay and Accounts Office.
11. Pay and Accounts Office, Government of Maharashtra, Mumbai.
12. The Post Master Kathua (]&K), Camp Bell Bay (Andaman & Nicobar)
Subject:- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Armed Forces Pensioners residing in area not covered under ECHS.
Reference :-This Office Circular No. 208 (File No. Grants/Tech/0162-VIII dated 27.07.1998)
A Copy of Government of India, MOD letter No. 1(10)/09-D (Pen/Policy) dated 12.01.2011, on the above subject is forwarded herewith as Annexure to this circular for further necessary action at your end.
2. The fixed medical allowance has been enhanced from ‘100/-pm to 300/-pm with effect from 01.09.2008. Ex Servicemen who retired after
01.04.2003 have to become member of ECHS compulsorily and are not eligible to draw Fixed Medical Allowance. However, all Pre 01.04.2003 retirees have the option of either joining the Scheme or draw Fixed Medical Allowance as per the extant rates.
3. The other conditions for grant of Fixed Medical Allowance as brought out in this Office Circular No. 208 quoted under reference shall continue to be in force. PDAs are requested to please review the cases and revise the Fixed Medical Allowance in all the affected cases accordingly.
(S N ROY)
Dated:_2Vt February 2011
To view the Annexure of the order, Pl. click the link given below...