Finmin Order : Date of next increment in the revised pay structure under Rule 10 of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2008.
Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 - the re-exercise of option under Rule 6 of the Central Services (Revised Pay) Rules,2008 in case of employees covered under the OM dated 19.3.2012 - Finmin order 2013.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 3rd January, 2013
Subject: Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 - the re-exercise of option under Rule 6 of the Central Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 in case of employees covered under the OM dated 19.3.2012.
The undersigned is directed to invite a reference to Rules 5 & 6 of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2008, as per which a Central Government employee had an option to elect to come over to the revised pay structure either from 1.1.2006 or from the date of his next increment or from the date of promotion, upgradation of pay scales. Such an option was to be exercised within 3 months from the date of publication of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008. The rule also provides that the option once exercised shall be final.
2. This Ministry issued instructions vide this Departments OM No.10/2/2011-E-IIIA dated 19.3.2012, providing that those Central Government employees who were due to get their annual increment between February, 2006 to June, 2006 may be granted one increment on 1.1.2006 in the pie-revised pay scale as a one time measure and, thereafter, they will get the next increment in the Revised Pay structure on 1.7.2006 as per Rule 10 of the CCS (RP) Rules 2008.
3. In view of the benefit extended to Central Government employees as per the aforesaid OM dated 19.3.2012, the issue relating to according of a fresh opportunity to Central Government employees to re-exercise their option to come over to the revised pay scale as per CCS(RP) Rules, 2008 was raised by the Staff side of the Joint Consultative Machinery in the meeting of the National Anomaly Committee held on 17.7.2012.
4 The matter has been considered by the Government and having regard to the fact that the provisions of the aforesaid OM dated 19.3.2012 bring about a material change in the basis for exercise of option to come over to the revised pay structure in terms of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2008 in respect of employees who are covered under the said OM dated 19.3.2012, the President is pleased to decide that all those employees who are covered under the provisions of the aforesaid OM dated 19.3.2012 may once again be permitted to re-exercise their option to come over to the Revised pay structure.
5. The benefit under these orders for re-exercise of option shall be available for a period up to 31.3.2013. The revised option shall be intimated to the head of the office by the concerned Government employees in accordance with the provision of Rule 6 (2) of the CCS (RP) rules, 2008.
6. All the Ministries and Departments are requested to bring the content of this OM to the notice of their employees so that such employees can avail themselves of the same within the stipulated time period.
7. In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
(Amar Nath Singh)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India