Clarification on Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy - DOPT Order
Department of Personnel and Training has published in its website today, an important clarification order[No.1211/08/2010-Estt.(AL) dated on 30.12.2010] about the Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy issue.
This department has already issued some clarifications through the previous orders, still further doubts receiving from various department of Central Government to DOPT.
Now, clarifications given as some type of 'questions and answers' by the DOPT.
This order is very useful to Central Government Employees to clear the doubts regarding the Children Education Allowance Scheme...
We have given some answers collected from this order...
1. The upper age limit for children will now be 20 years or till the time of passing 12th Std. whichever is earlier.
2. 'One set of shoes' means 'One pair of shoes'.
3. 'Two sets of uniform' means a set of uniform will include all items of clothing prescribed for a day and irrespective of the colours/winter/summer/PT uniform.
4. 'Station' means first three digits of the PIN Code(indicate Revenue District) of the area where the employee is posted and /or residing.
5. No reimbursement whether the fee paid to Private Tutors.
If your want to read the original Office Memorandum, Pl. click the link given below...